Thursday, September 17, 2009


Every child should have rights. I think it’s not fair because we have medical care and we can survive and develop to the fullest. We have been learning about the children of Kroo Bay. Kroo Bay is a slum community in Africa. In Kroo Bay their rubbish is in the river so that means dirty water to drink and to wash in. Every year in August they have to be prepared for water to flood into people’s homes. Save the Children have banked the river to try to stop it but it still floods. People throw rubbish into the river in the hills so it washes down into Kroo Bay. In Kroo Bay they don’t get a quality education. If they do something wrong they might get beaten or hit so they might not do it again. They put a lot of effort into getting pencils. Every day they have to carry their desk because they share a classroom with older children. Save the Children helps poor children all over the world. I wish I could buy “Equip a school for a year” for $262 from Save the Children’s wish list because it will help a child have a brighter future. So please tell your friends and family to go on the wish list site and buy something to help children’s rights become a reality. Please buy something from the wish list.

1 comment:

Madison said...

Hi Tom
I really like your speach
from Madison.